Monday 9 March 2009

Something a bit different






















This is a wall hanging that I made at a Crafty Individuals class last Autumn.

It is basically images stamped on to tissue paper and then stuck/sewn on to a piece of silk which I painted first using silk paints.


The whole thing is then embellished with buttons, beads, threads, flowers, painted lace and torn hand made papers.

Oh and there are some more paper beads on this too.

It's not the sort of thing that I would normally make but I really enjoyed doing it.



2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Hello Anne - it's beautiful - it looks like something you'd find within the pages of Craft Stamper - extremely tactile, playing with different textures and colours - an artist's exploratory piece - I like it very much - I should think you were very pleased with the finished result particularly if it took you outside your comfort zone - how's Flat Stanley coming along? - Bridgette x

Helen said...

This is beautiful! Love the colours you've used...and there are so mnay different textures too! Gorgeous!
Helen x