Sunday 21 March 2010

What a whopper!

Yesterday I went to the Great Northern Papercraft Show in Harrogate and had a lovely time shopping and meeting up with friends.  One of the sets of stamps I bought was the large butterfly from Graphicus.  Glenda had some beautiful examples on display on her stand and I couldn't wait to have a go when I got home.
I coloured the background with distress inks (bundled sage and forest moss) and I coloured the butterfly in with distress inks and Nick Bantock inks and added a little gold glamour dust and some black stickles to the body.
The swirls (from the same plate) are stamped with forest moss again.
I'm going to have a go using metallic paints next, but not today - feel a bit yukky .
Thanks for looking X

3 comments:

kjjc said...

you good girl. Lovely to see you using it the same day as you got it. Well done girl. It's lovely. Can't wait to see what you do next. Hope you feel ok.xx

Paul B said...

Wow Beautiful card, love the background with all the swirls. The butterfly is stunning in its multi colours. Great to see you using your stash so quickly. I've been doing the same today but haven't gotten around to photographing yet. Hope you feel less yucky soon xx Px

Michele said...

Very impressed! Got as far as EZ mounting mine, but that's it! Lovely card - hope you're feeling better soon xx