Friday 28 January 2011

Wings



It's Alter it with Wings on Try it on Tuesday this week.

Last year I mentioned that I had bought some large German Scrap wings in Covent Garden and I was waiting for the right project to use them on - well this is it!

I started with a black mirror from Ikea and covered it with gesso and then cream paint .

I added some Viva Terra for texture and also patches of Viva Decor gold Ferro.  I spritzed a text stamp with water and stamped it in to the Ferro.  When it was dry I rubbed on some gold and graphite Inka Gold to highlight the text.

I added some angels which were stamped on tissue paper with sepia ink and I stippled on some gold paint where things overlapped.

I attached some ribbon around the mirror and glued some buttons to the piece.

The metal pieces top and bottom were embossed through the big shot with a mould, then rubbed with terracotta alcohol ink. ( I might change this to gold later but will live with it a bit first - it goes with the sepia images but might be too much of a contrast with the other gold tones.)

The final step was to add my wings.

Thanks for looking x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Anne this is fantastic! I love all your different techniques and the colours are stunning! Perfect addition with the wings too x Thanks for playing along with TioT x Janet

Michele said...

Wow, what a stunning piece of work - love it!

Paul B said...

Very pretty - love all the gold on it

PatR said...

Fantastic and just perfect for the TioT challenge this week. Thanks for joining us.

Michelle said...

Awesome Anne, a fantastic transformation and perfect for this weeks challenge. Hope all is well at yours
x Michelle

Alisonph said...

Anne this is fabulous. I love it. Hope you're feeling much better now xxx