Tuesday 31 May 2011

May Tag Swap

This is one of 6 tags I made for the May tag swap on UKS:
The tag had to include the colour green and something mystical/mythical.

The background was coloured with distress stains swiped over some clear embossed stars (bit hard to see here).  This was then overstamped with foliage using distress inks.  The face is a Studio 490 stamp and my doors were inked with black fresco finish paint, then fresco crackle, then fresco finish green paint.

When you look through the garden gate this is what you see:
More clear embossed stars with a distress ink background, then fairies and toadstools by Lavinia stamps and foliage by Elusive Images.  The fairies have a little bit of stickles on their wings.

Thanks for looking.  Going to do some baking with my son now - I will try not to eat the finished result but I know already that I will fail! X

2 comments:

Michele said...

Fab tag - I love the fairy scene behind the gate! The Fresco crackle effect has worked really well too - might have to invest xx

Alisonph said...

Oh this is so fantastic. Well done and with all the chaos of sorting 'Telly Tubby' Land xxx